Adding A Weather Widget
The Weather Widget is a real-time Splash Page (Campaign) Widget that displays the local weather and forecast to Guests as they login into the Social WiFi.
The Weather Widget has the following features:
- Customizable to show either Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Overlays discretely in the Top Right corner showing just the current temperature
- Upon clicking on the widget it expands to it's full size
- Displays the current temperature, precipitation and wind speed
- Displays the current conditions as a graphical indication
- Displays the forecast for the next 5 days
- Upon clicking on "Today", it displays hourly weather forecast for the next 5 hours
Hourly Forecast [after clicking on Today]:
Pre-requisites for Enabling:
- Ensure you are logged in to the MyWiFi Dashboard
- Ensure that you have at least one pre-existing Location (with associated Online Devices and Campaigns) within the MyWiFi Dashboard
Ensure that you follow the following steps to successfully deploy your Weather Widget for Guests.
- Add the Weather Widget to your Login Page (MyWiFi Campaign)
You may also add the Weather Widget on a New CampaignThe data shown in the Campaign Builder Preview Pane is for Demo purposes only.
- Navigate to the Campaigns section
- Click on the Edit tab on the Campaign you wish to deploy the Weather Widget on
- Navigate to the Advanced tab within the Campaign Builder
- Toggle the Weather Widget to the ON position
- Select wether you wish to show the temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- The Weather Widget has now appeared as an overlay in the Campaign Builder Preview
- Once you have made your selection and any further Campaign customization click on the Save button
- Confirming your Location has a Latitude and Longitude entered
You can confirm the accuracy by pasting the Latitude & Longitude in Google Maps
- Navigate to the Locations tab
- Click on the Edit icon for the MyWiFi Location you wish to deploy the Weather Widget for
- Within the Location >> Overview - click on the Edit icon
- Confirm that there is an accurate Latitude & Longitude set for the Location
- Click the Save button once you have confirmed
- Assign the Campaign to the Location
- Within the Location overview for the Location you wish to deploy the weather widget for (that you have accessed for the previous step)
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab
- Select the Campaign you have previously added the Weather Widget to, as either the Default Campaign or a Scheduled Campaign
Congratulations! By following the steps in this guide you have successfully added the Weather Widget to a Login Page (MyWiFi Campaign). It will be successfully shown to Guests when they access the Login Page, at the Location you have assigned the Campaign to.