How to Enable Facebook Birthday Scopes
Enabling Facebook user_birthday Scope will allow you to access the date and month of a person's birthday.
This may or may not include the person's year of birth, dependent upon their privacy settings.
Here's how to enable it:
In your Facebook App, click on "App Review" then "+ Add Items"
Select "user_birthday" and then click the "Add 1 Item" button
Click on "Edit Notes"
- Select how you intend to use the information.
- Turn Web "ON"
- Write how you intend to use the app.
- Upload the video (found here)
- Click on "SAVE"
1. User connects to Wi-Fi Network
2. User agrees to Terms and Conditions, including Privacy
3. Connects with Facebook, accepts access, and is given Free Wi-Fi Access
Likes are asked in order to gauge interests of users to send more relevant information/coupons/offers.
Click on "Submit For Review"
Once approved, it will look like this:
Update your Integration:
Once your Facebook App is approved for the user_birthday scope.
You have to pull the updated scopes for the Facebook App that you added as an Integration.
- In the MyWiFi Dashboard
- Navigate to the Integrations section from the Left Menu
- Identify the Integration that you added for your Facebook App
- Click on the Edit button next to it
- Click Save on the Edit view
- Click the Edit button again and make note that the App Scopes have been updated and include user_birthday
If the user_birthday scope is not part of the App Scopes list, that means that the Facebook App you have added does not have access to the those scopes. Please re-check your App Scope Permissions or contact support if you believe this is in error.