The GDPR Obligations for EU Channel Partners
All Channel Partners must adhere to the following GDPR Requirements if serving customers based in the European Union (EU):
- Ensure you have implemented custom terms that feature "friendly language" (clear and plain, intelligible).
- Add the "Opt-In" Form to your Campaigns with appropriate language & Enable GDPR.
- Enable GDPR on your Locations that fall within the European Union countries.
- Determine if you’re a controller or processor of data.
- Email guests that you are currently communicating with and confirm their consent.
Under the GDPR, controllers and processors are required to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Are you a Controller or Processor?
If your company name, branding, address or logo appears on the splash/login pages, you’re the data controller.
- 'Controller' means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
- 'Processor' means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
What data does the GDPR apply to?
The GDPR generally applies to the collection and processing of 'personal data' meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier, such as:
- IP Address
- Phone Number
- Location data
- Online identifier (such as IP or MAC address)
MyWiFi's Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com