LinkedIn Login App
Below are the steps on how you can create LinkedIn app and integrate it with the MyWifi platform:
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer and login with your LinkedIn Username and Password.
- Click the Create Application button
- Enter the company name. As you type this will also search LinkedIn for the company name.
- Choose and application name, this will usually be your client's business name plus Free WiFi or something similar, this will be seen by the Guest upon login
- Fill in an Application Description, this is not Guest facing
- A Logo is required for your app. The Format and Dimensions are as follows:
PNG or JPEG format. The image must be square and at least 80 x 80 pixels, and no larger than 5 MB in size.
- Chose a use for your application
- Enter a Website URL, this is where the Guest can find more information about the App
- Enter the Business Email of your client
- Enter a business phone number. This will be the number Guests will use regarding the app
- Accept the Terms and click Submit
- Be sure to check r_emailaddress under Default Application Permissions
- Enter your Authorized Redirect URL under OAuth 2.0
Once entered, click Update
The URL will be:
https://yourcustomsocialportaldomain.com/index.php?controller=social-login&action=linkedin"yourcustomsocialportaldomain.com" is the Domain entered in the Branding >> Custom Domain - Social Portal field. If you do not have a Custom Domain you can use securewifilogin.com in place of the bold domain above.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret
- In the MyWiFi Control Panel, select Apps from the left menu
- Click the red Add New Integration button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select Social Apps and select LinkedIn
- Paste the API ID and the API Secret into their respective fields and click Proceed
You have now successfully added a new LinkedIn app for use in your campaigns.If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.