LinkedIn Login App
Below are the steps on how you can create LinkedIn app and integrate it with the MyWifi platform:
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/developers and login with your LinkedIn Username and Password.
- Click the Create App button.
- Name your app (do not use LinkedIn on your app name as LinkedIn will not allow this). This will usually be your client's business name plus Free WiFi or something similar, this will be seen by the Guest upon login.
- Associate your company with your LinkedIn app. If you have not created a LinkedIn company page, click the Create a new company page
- A Logo is required for your app. The Format and Dimensions are as follows:
PNG or JPEG format. The image must be square and at least 80 x 80 pixels, and no larger than 5 MB in size.
- For Products, LinkedIn has selected Sign In with LinkedIn by default. If you plan to collect additional information, check the Marketing Developer Platform option (LinkedIn will require more information and this is recommended for Advanced Users only)
- On the next page, go to Auth tab.
- Enter your Authorized Redirect URL under OAuth 2.0 Settings then click Update.
Once entered, click Update
The URL will be:
https://yourcustomsocialportaldomain.com/index.php?controller=social-login&action=linkedin"yourcustomsocialportaldomain.com" is the Domain entered in the Branding >> Custom Domain - Social Portal field. If you do not have a Custom Domain you can use securewifilogin.com in place of the bold domain above.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret from the Application Credentials section.
- In the MyWiFi Control Panel, select Apps from the left menu
- Click the red Add New Integration button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select Social Apps and select LinkedIn
- Paste the API ID and the API Secret into their respective fields and click Proceed
You have now successfully added a new LinkedIn app for use in your campaigns.If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.