Create a Square Integration and Automation process within the MyWiFi platform in order to automatically add customer data for connected Wi-Fi guests to your Square CRM.
- Ensure you are logged in to both the MyWiFi platform as well as your Square account
- Ensure that you have at least one pre-existing Location created (with associated devices and campaigns) within the MyWiFi platform
- Creating an App on Square
- Once logged into the Square dashboard, visit the following URL -> https://connect.squareup.com/apps
- Click on the '+New Application button' to begin the process of creating an App on Square
- Enter an appropriate Application Name and finalize the App's creation by clicking on the blue 'Create Application' button
- You will now be brought into Square's Application dashboard, where you will need to click into your newly created app: "MyWiFi Integration App"(to access its control panel). Once done, you will be brought into the App's Credential page where you will need to copy down the unique Application ID and Personal Access Token (these details will be used back in the MyWiFi platform when creating the integration)
- Creating the Square Integration on the MyWiFi platform
- Once logged into the MyWiFi platform, click on the 'Integrations' tab on the left side menu
- On the Integrations page, click the 'Add New Integration' button =
- Click on the 'Choose Services' dropdown and enter "Square" below to bring up the service. Click on "Square" once identified
- Choose a name for your new integration (in this case: My Square Integration - 1). At this point you will need to enter theApplication ID and Personal Access Token that were copied earlier (see Step 1). Once done, click on the blue 'Save' button to finalize and successfully complete this integration
- Creating a Square Automation process on the MyWiFi platform
- Click on the 'Automation' tab on the left side menu
- Click on the red 'Add New Automation' button. You can now define the new automation process.
- Choose your Square Integration (which was created in Step 2)
- Click the blue Save button once done
Automation Name- Enter any name relevant to your setup (in this case: Square Automation)
Trigger- Leave as 'Connect' (As we want this automation to occur each and every time a guest connects to the hotspot via Social WiFi)
Delay- Leave as 'Real Time'
Location- Select a specific Location that has been previously setup on the MyWiFi platform (You can select multiple locations). All campaigns that are live at this location will be part of this automation
Action- Select the Square Logo
- By following the steps in this guide you would have been able to
- 1) Create an App on Square,
- 2) Integrate Square into the MyWiFi platform and
- 3) Enable an automation process from the MyWiFi platform into your Square CRM.