TripAdvisor Review Express Integration
Create a TripAdvisor Integration and Automation process within the MyWiFi Dashboard in order to automatically trigger a review email for connected Wi-Fi guests through TripAdvisor Review Express.
More information regarding Review Express can be found here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ReviewExpress
- Ensure you are logged in to the MyWiFi Dashboard
- Ensure that you have at least one pre-existing MyWiFi Location created (with associated devices and campaigns) within the MyWiFi Dashboard
- Ensure that you have a fully qualified TripAdvisor location that has opted into the Review Express program. (TripAdvisor will not send Review Express emails without the explicit consent of each participating property)
- Ensure that the Property authorizes MyWiFi Networks as a Connectivity Partner once the Integration is setup
- Ensure that the Property has a Review Express campaign setup: https://www.tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/w594
- Locating the TripAdvisor Property ID
- You must find and associate the TripAdvisor Property ID in the MyWiFi Dashboard.
- The TripAdvisor Property ID can be found in the URL for the property's page on TripAdvisor.
- Example: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d258705-Reviews-Hotel_Commonwealth-Boston_Massachusetts.html
- The number immediately following the d (in this case "258705") is TripAdvisor's Property ID
- Once logged into the MyWiFi Dashboard, click on the Apps tab on the left side menu
- On the Integrations page, click the Add New App button
- Click on Loyalty and Chose TripAdvisor
- Choose a name for your TripAdvisor app
- Select a MyWiFi Location that you wish to map to the TripAdvisor Property ID
- Enter the TripAdvisor Property ID that you collected on Step 1
- Select the Language that you wish the Review Express Email be delivered in
- Select the Country that the TripAdvisor Property and your service is located in
- Once done, click on Proceed button to finalize and successfully complete the app integration.
- After 48 hours from creating a mapping for the TripAdvisor Property as a new Integration in the MyWiFi Dashboard
- The Property Administrator must Login into the TripAdvisor Review Express Dashboard:
- Navigate to Review Express >> Settings tab
- Click Opt in Now
- They must then select "My WiFi Networks" as a Connectivity Partner
- Click Next and complete the following steps
- They must also have a Review Express campaign setup for their Property
TripAdvisor - Quick Start Guide: Automated Review Express:
TripAdvisor - Complete Review Express Guide:
Click on the Automation tab on the left side menu
- Click on the red 'Add New Automation' button. You can now define the new automation process
- Choose your TripAdvisor Integration (which was created in Step 2)
- Click Save
Automation Name - Enter any name relevant to your setup (in this case: TripAdvisor Automation Property XXXX)
Trigger - Leave as 'Connect' (As we want this automation to occur each and every time a guest connects to the hotspot via Social WiFi)
Delay - Leave as 'Real Time'
Location - Select specific Location that have been previously setup on the MyWiFi Dashboard. These Locations must be associated to perform Guest WiFi services related to the TripAdvisor Property ID you wish to generate reviews for. (You can select multiple locations).
[Note: All campaigns that are live at this location will be part of this Automation]
Action - Select the TripAdvisor Logo
By following the steps in this guide you would have been able to:
1) Create a mapping between a TripAdvisor Property and a MyWiFi Location,
2) Integrate TripAdvisor into the MyWiFi Dashboard and
3) Enable an Automation process from the MyWiFi Dashboard to trigger Review Express campaigns on Guest WiFi connections.
You may ONLY associate One MyWiFi Location to a TripAdvisor Property. You may not associate the same Location to several properties.
The Review Express email request does not arrive in realtime after the Guest has completed the login process. MyWiFi performs the notification to the TripAdvisor Review Express Service in realtime [or optionally after whatever automation delay you have chosen]; however the e-mail's actual delivery is within 6 to 48 hours.